June 25, 6:30 PM to 9PM here at Gene McCarthy’s!!!!
Installment two of this wine vs beer smackdown puts the focus on cheese and the local beers and wines that complement them. Michelle Stevens of Buffalo Cheese Traders will guide us through the cheeses. We are proud to welcome back Jonathan Oakes of Leonard Oakes Estate Winery on the vines (wines) and Ethan Cox of Community Beer Works on the bines (beers). May the better beverage win! We are also happy to announce that our new chef Dustin, who comes to us from the Roycroft Inn, will be in the kitchen doing his magic. All in all expect another entertaining taste excursion at Gene McCarthy’s!
Course 1 — Roasted Beet Salad w/ Fresh Goat Feta & Scape Pesto Garnish
- Cheese: Fresh Goat Cheese from Vermont Butter & Cheese Co.. This award winning goat feta was special ordered and never available to WNY prior to this event!
- Beer: Saranac Black Forest (Schwarzbier)
- Wine: Freedom Run Dry Rose’
Course 2 — Harbison Camembert Cauliflower Soup
- Cheese: Jasper Hill Harbison is a bark-wrapped bloomy-rind cheese with woodsy, sweet, herbal, and bright flavors.
- Beer: Anchor Steam Beer (California Common)
- Wine: Arrowhead Springs Vineyard 2010 Pinot Noir
Course 3 — Frittata with Arden Farm Kale, lemon, & Maplebrook Farms Ricotta
- Cheese: Maplebrook Farms Whole Milk, hormone free, small kettle, hand ladled smooth Ricotta Cheese.
- Beer: Ommegang – Hennepin (saison).
- Wine: Leonard Oakes Estate Riesling
Course 4 – Mascarpone Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake
- Cheese: Vermont Butter & Cheese Co. mascarpone made with cream from St. Albans Cooperative .
- Beer: Flying Bison Blackbird Oatmeal Stout
- Wine: Schultze RCR Port from 100% Niagara County Cabernet Franc